Web page loading time plays an important role in drafting the destiny of the website. One of the biggest challenges posed by web developer during website development is developing download time friendly websites. Most of the web visitors love to visit those web pages which are downloading time friendly. According to a survey conducted by leading research organisation most of the users feel that things don’t happen fast enough to impress them. According to Christian Heilmann – Hollywood action flicks are to be blamed for generating the expectation of fast loading web pages in the web visitor because they always show the high decree, data rich animated webpage interfaces that pop up at the click of the mouse spilling out encyclopedic data within matter of few milliseconds. The over use of technology or very immature use of it may kill the purpose of the particular website application. It is always important to display the correct information at the places which will guide the web visitor to their ultimate goal.
There are many factors which may contribute towards slow download time of your webpage like
1. HTML is most commonly used for web development. Heavy file size of the HTML documents used during particular website development venture is one of the foremost reasons to slow down the downloading time of your webpage.
2. File size of another elements used during website design like graphics, programming scripts, and other multimedia functions are also responsible for slowing down the websites downloading time.
3. The speed of internet connection, server, and responsiveness of visitor’s computer also hampers the speed of the website.
These are just some of the technical factors which may play important role in affecting the speed of the particular website. There are certain measures to be taken up at web developer’s end during web development to create the download time friendly web application. Those measures are:
1. Optimise the HTML file size.
2. Optimise the file size of the elements used up for website application development like graphics, scripts and other multimedia elements. Thoroughly check the HTML scripts to ensure that webpage is not loaded with unwanted scripts during webpage development. Clearly define the image sizes and their container elements so that images load very fastly.
3. Use CSS script to control the functions in particular website application.
5. Image jumble: Most the web developers used the idea of incorporating the low file size images during the early phases of the website development. These images were very quick in arresting the attention of the web visitor because the images with smaller file sizes loaded first in the mean time the images with large file size loaded up. This invoked the feeling of “more to come” in minds of the visitor. So web developer can use same method with much perseverance to grab the attention of the web visitor till the webpage loads fully.